Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Yoga for the Hamstrings and to bother Julia

Some crazy person said they wanted to work on hamstrings and quads today in class... OW. Those muscle groups are so tight on me now! Looking at it objectively, it was a very necessary class because I really needed to stretch them out because of all the running but as I was doing it, I was not having very yogic thoughts. Asanas that are usually pretty standard for me were really hurting. However, I do at least see a whole lot of improvement in the length of my hamstrings. Pre-yoga, my hands would come to about my knees when I'd try to touch my toes. Now I can now get my hands flat on the floor. I'd love to be able to do a full hanumanasana at some point but right now, I'm pretty happy with where I am. :) Oh yes, and a headstand. For some reason my body is afraid to go upside-down...?

Hanumanasana in Yoga Journal

At least post-yoga I had some delicious salmon sashimi and miso soup. I'm very odd about salmon. I like it raw, i.e. sashimi, and smoked, i.e. lox, but salmon fillets really do not appeal to me at all. Something about the texture and smell... yick. However, Zumi Sushi is really fantastic. I'm so glad that this city finally has a decent sushi joint. So yummy.

This is a super short and boring post but I'm tired and want to go to bed. I'm glad today was a day off from running and I felt a whole lot better this morning after a full night's sleep, but tomorrow it's back to the grind. In theory, I'd really like to run tomorrow morning before class. It's only a 4 miler and to be able to bang it out before my day really starts would be so fabulous. We'll see what I think this idea at 6:40am tomorrow morning though. It's a process but I'll get there. I think.

Looking over this blurb, it's such an optimistic entry. Yay me. :)

1 comment:

Wander_lusting said...
This comment has been removed by the author.