Monday, October 12, 2009

Recovery Run as Torture

Since I felt so good after my run yesterday and so good this morning, I figured that my recovery run would be a super pleasant jaunt around the block. You know, just logging a few miles to loosen up some tight muscles.

Oh how wrong I was.

I pretty much felt like I was slogging through quicksand. I did 2 miles in about 23 minutes and then walked a really slow 1/2 mile. Sweet goodness, I was not expecting that kind of pain and sluggishness. At least I got out there and moved around a bit, but this felt like I was picking up right where I started yesterday at the end of 10 miles. However.... I ran 10 miles in under 2 hours yesterday and I'm still riding that high. Plus, my knee still feels great even though I forgot the strap today (oops). But golly, what a difference it makes when I'm well rested. I barely have enough left in me to update my blog.

All energy reserves have been depleted so I must eat some ice cream and get some sleep to rebuild. A vacation would be nice too. Something like... this.


Ah... Could you pass me a Corona and a couple teenage vampire love stories please? Thanks.

No comments: