Sunday, October 25, 2009

Wanted: Time for a run!

AHHHH! All I want to do is go for a run! It's so beautiful outside! 60's. Crisp air but clear blue sky. Crunchy leaves. Air smells smokey. UGH school UGH. I need to get this done.

I've always been a procrastinator. In high school, I got away with everything. Writing a paper in the class before it's due? Check. In college, I'd cram for exams the night before, sometime day of. Fine. However, it's so much hader to do now. I've gotten a bit better, but not really. I've always been jealous of the people who can sit down at a computer and write a paper in 3 hours... several days before it's due! The very few times that I've managed to do this, I notice how much less stressful it is and how I actually enjoy the process. Again, I think it comes down to mental stamina. Maybe doing school work can help my running by teaching me concentration? I truly don't know how I've made it this far academically without learning how to prioritize work.

While taking a break (read: avoiding writing like the plague) I found another race to do! :) The New Paltz Turkey Trot. I called my mom and told her about it, and she said that she'd been thinking about it today too actually! Weird cross country ESP that we have. It's on the morning of Thanksgiving, so the whole family will be in NY. I know at least 4 of us would want to run it and maybe others would want to walk! Nice way to start off a holiday which involves stuffing yourself chock full of food for hours.

Also, I heard from a good friend of mine out in Nevada who apparently reads my blog frequently. Just wanted to tell her that as soon as we get her back to her good and healthy self, I will run her first 5K with her. :) :) :) Now, I just have to do MY first one next Saturday!
And sometime between now and then, I have to do my 12 mile run...

GAHHHHHH! Ok. Back to work.

No comments: