Saturday, September 19, 2009

Hello!

Hello Interweb!

The first post is always the hardest, or so I'm assuming. Where do I start? Is an introduction in order or am I just to assume that will all come out eventually? And really, who am I actually introducing myself to?

Well new friends, please bear with me as I awkwardly start off.

During my most recent long weekend run, I was thinking about all the silly and inconsequential things that pass through my mind on a daily basis. To stave off running boredom, I figured there has to be at least one person out there in this ginormous world who is interested in my musings. We'll see how true that turns out to be.

So what am I planning to write about? Well, I've lost my mind and am training for my first (last??) half marathon. I'm a terrible runner. Really, no modesty there at all. I've always been really daunted by the activity and that bugs me to no end. So the solution? Grab that running beast by the horns and defeat it! Very very slowly over the course of 13.1 miles. That's the plan at least.

I'm also getting back into my yoga practice. It helps me find some much needed balance and clarity. Plus, all this running has really shortened my hamstrings so that's a nice bonus as well! I just started at a new studio and I already loooove the teacher.

Ok friends, I have loads of work to get done and I can't give it all away on the first post but I'm glad you found me!

No comments: