Monday, September 28, 2009

Can't sleep but at least the sun is back in Nashville!

Ugh, my sleep schedule is so off. I've been staying up really late recently which unfortunately results in my sleeping later than I should. So tonight, I tried to be in bed by midnight to reset my clock, however, after lying in bed for two hours, I just can't seem to get to sleep and gave up so I could write this. I suppose the other way to do it is to just get up at 7am tomorrow and just spend the day exhausted so I fall asleep earlier. I think that's the way that I have to do it. Darn me and my night owl ways.

Other than my insomnia-like habits, I had a rather nice weekend. I can't say that I was terribly productive though. I got caught up on some of my work at Bongo, but really, I just wanted to sit and absorb some sun (with SPF 50, of course) as it's been weeks since I've seen it. Finally the sun came out in Nashville. It has rained every day for almost 3 weeks straight so everything has just been damp and dank and icky. The weather for the next week looks so lovely though -- 70's and sunshine. However, that probably won't help with my renewed work ethic to get more accomplished. I decided to go back to taking all my notes by hand as I end up with much higher quality notes... it's just a whole lot more boring during the process! Along with that, my goals for the week are to get to bed by midnight/up by 7am and to drink more water. I already failed on the former today so we'll see how the rest goes.

My run on Saturday was eh as I got about 2 miles into it and my knee starting aching again. So I walked another 2, got fed up and went home. Yes, I realize that this is not the most dedicated strategy as I have 13.1 to run in 40 days but I'm just awfully frustrated with it. Now that the sun is back and I've had some time to cool off, I have a bit of a better mindset. I just don't quite understand why I have so much trouble with running. I know quite a few people that can pick up and run distance with just a few weeks training. I'm in pretty great shape right now and every step is a fight at the moment. I look forward to the day when a run sounds like a great idea, but right now I kind of dread it.... that attitude probably doesn't help too much either though. Work in progress, work in progress.

One exciting event from this weekend is that I went to see GirlTalk. I had seen him last year and it was sooo much fun. This time he was alright but the music and mixes were better last year. There was also a bar at last year's event so that probably had something to do with it. This one was was filled to the rafters with neon-spandex clad, drunk freshman girls. Goodness, they were rude and pushy and obnoxious. Plus, they made me feel about 100 years old. Granted, I was home that night by 11:30pm, so maybe I am.

GirlTalk Show

I also went to see (500) Days of Summer. I don't know exactly what I was expecting but it was really great. I'm glad that I got to see it before it leaves theaters because I think that it's one of those movies that is more enjoyable on the big screen. I also don't think I expected it to be so funny. However, parts of it definitely broke my heart at times and wasn't really as romantic comedy-ish as it was billed. Movie love stories always kind of hurt my heart though! I think I'm just a big sappy mush. Parts of it reminded me of High Fidelity, althought that's probably just that I loved both movies. High Fidelity is definitely a top five :) and has my all time favorite movie quote: "It's human chemistry. Some people just feel like home."

Alright, on that scattered note, I should try to sleep again. Have to be up by 7am, no matter what time I actually fall asleep.

No comments: